Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Stepford Dump

I love the Stepford Dump. I really do. It might be argued that I can't get enough of it. I go as often as possible and its the very first place that I take anyone who is visiting from out of town. Am I deranged? Possibly yes. But, we already knew that didn't we?

So, I thought I'd toss together a list of reasons I love the dump.

6. They have an amazing recycling facility. I'm not the world's greenest person but I'm trying

5. They have a swap area where people leave very nice stuff for others to take. I once got a great shop vac there.



4. They have a book swap area too. I have to admit some of them are a little funky but its a great place for people who collect National Geographics (which I don't but my little brother did for years) because somebody's always dropping off their old discarded collection.


3. They compost all of the plant material that is left at the dump and give it away free so I can have compost for my garden without all the work. :)

2. They provide all the salted sand you can shovel in the winter. That is certainly easier than buying expensive bags of ice melt.

And the absolute number one reason:

You will never, never, never run into a Stepford Mommy at the Dump.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD. This is hilarious! I am totally with you! I found your blog as a referral to my blog (Violet's Neighborhood).

    ReplyDelete